Find out why our Corolla, NC rentals are some of the most popular Outer Banks vacation homes on the beach. The main attraction in Corolla still remains the expansive, wide beaches of finely textured sand and clean rolling surf. From oceanfront to the sound, large and medium-size homes, we hope you enjoy the variety of Corolla vacation rentals that are managed by Carolina Designs Realty. With its quiet neighborhoods, shopping and historic sites Corolla, NC has become the perfect family vacation rental spot on the beach.
Corolla, also known as the “gold coast” of Currituck County, is situated on an expanse of Atlantic Ocean at the Northern end of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. In the early 1900s, this area became a favorite of a handful of wealthy businessmen who built exclusive, private hunt clubs on large acres of Corolla beach and land. One of them, the Whalehead Club, located at Currituck Heritage Park, began as a private hunt club/mansion on the sound; restored in 1993, it is now a popular historical vacation attraction.
There’s a lot to see and do on the Outer Banks and we want you to enjoy it all. Here are some quick tips, directions and other information you’ll find helpful in making your stay with us all it can be.
Since 1988, Carolina Designs Realty has represented select Outer Banks vacation homes located in the towns of Corolla, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head. We are a family owned and operated business that has established a reputation with guests for our quality properties and focus on customer service. Guests who reserve our homes enjoy keyless entry, freshly made beds, towel sets in each bedroom, wifi, our signature welcome package, and a dedicated staff whose goals are to enhance your vacation experience.
Our team is local and here to help! Here at CDR, we hang our hats on great houses and great customer service. If you need assistance finding the right house for your group, or have questions about the Outer Banks, give us a call! Our knowledgable staff is here for you, 7 days a week.
Voted “Best Vacation Rental Company” in Best of the Beach every year since 2013!
- The first Outer Banks rental company to provide linens (beds made) as a standard amenity.
- 1997: The first Outer Banks rental company (and one of the first in the country) to offer real time availability and reservations via Internet.
- 2006: Deployed wireless internet access in our homes and now all of our homes provide wifi internet access.
- 2017: We won the Max Radio/OBX Voice “Best of the Beach Competition” in the categories of “Best Vacation Rental and Property Management Company” and “Best Real Estate Company.”
- 2018: We won the Max Radio/OBX Voice “Best of the Beach Competition” in the categories of “Best Vacation Rental Company” and “Best Real Estate Company.”
Vacation Rental Agreement Questions
Housekeeping or Maintenance Concerns
How to Operate the Keyless Entry Lock
Your vacation home is equipped with keyless entry, which may look like one of the following:
- Touch the keypad portion of the lock with the palm of your hand to illuminate the keypad.
- Enter your code followed by the asterisk key (*) or the check mark (√) — whichever icon you see on the bottom left of your keypad.
- When the code is accepted the locking mechanism will activate and the lock will open.
To lock simply touch the keypad with the back of your hand causing the locking mechanism to activate and the lock will then close.
Should you have any problems with lock operation:
- Please retry the procedure.
- Double check the code you entered with the code provided.
If problem persists, please call 800-368-3825.
- Beach Chairs & Umbrellas
- Beach Towels
- Pool & Beach Toys
- Bug Spray
- Garbage Bags
- Cleaning Supplies
- Salt & Pepper
- Pot holders
- Paper Towels
- Toilet tissue
- Hair Dryers
You can pack less!
You can rent just about anything you need for your vacation. From baby cribs to surf boards, Ocean Atlantic Rentals has your back — and Carolina Designs Realty guests receive a discount on online orders.
All of our homes provide:
- Convenient Keyless Entry
- Wifi & Cable, Satellite TV, or Streaming Services
- Freshly Made Beds
- Towels (we supply two towel sets per King/Queen/Double bed and one per Twin bed. Each towel set contains a bath towel, hand towel and wash cloth)
- Kitchen (stocked with basic cookware/tableware, microwave, stove/oven, dishwasher, and coffee maker)
- Washer, Dryer, Iron, & Ironing Board
- Outdoor Grill
- Signature Welcome Package
Our signature welcome package will be waiting at your home when you check in. You’ll find a reusable shopping bag containing a starter supply of the following items:
- Fresh Roasted Coffee
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Bath Soap
- Toilet Tissue
- Laundry Detergent
- 2 Dish Cloths
- 2 Dish Towels
- 1 Pot Holder
A Few Additional Tips
There are two standard grocery store chains that have multiple locations on the Outer Banks; Harris-Teeter (in Corolla, Kitty Hawk, and Kill Devil Hills) and Food Lion (in Corolla, Southern Shores, Kill Devil Hills, and Nags Head). Publix Super Market is located in Kill Devil Hills. Tommy’s Natural Foods Market & Wine Shop in Duck has the largest selection of local, vegan and gluten free products in the area and you can pre-order groceries through their website.
Outer Banks stores can be very crowded on Saturdays and Sundays so we recommend planning your grocery shopping trip accordingly.
Outer Banks traffic can be very heavy on Saturdays and Sundays, especially heading north towards Duck and Corolla, so make your travel plans with this in mind.