Outer Banks Severe Weather FAQ
- When does travel insurance kick in, what does it cover, and can we add it now?
- How will we know if evacuations have been ordered for the Outer Banks?
- If we are already on vacation to the Outer Banks and an evacuation is ordered, what does that mean for us?
If you have insurance: contact Red Sky Insurance for additional information. If you don’t have insurance, no refund is due from Carolina Designs or the owner.
- If an evacuation is ordered, will there be ample time to leave the Outer Banks?
Yes – you should be given ample time to evacuate, subject to decisions made by county authorities.
- What happens if the house I am renting is damaged in a storm?
We will conduct post-storm inspections of properties, assessing for damage. If the house is deemed legally uninhabitable then a refund will be due regardless of insurance acceptance. Alternate homes will be offered if desired and available.